Fall Cannabis Law Reform Conference in Saint Louis on November 7
Show-Me Cannabis and Missouri NORML will host the Fall Cannabis Law Reform Conference in Saint Louis at the Crowne Plaza Downtown (200 N. 4th Street) on Saturday, November 7. This educational event will run all day and feature speakers including Show-Me Cannabis and NORML leaders from across Missouri, Jeff Mizanskey, and, our keynote speaker, NORML Deputy Director Paul Armentano.
This is a tentative agenda for the conference and is still subject to change:
- 9:00 a.m. – 10:00: Registration
- 10:00 – 10:45: Show-Me Cannabis Board and NORML Chapter Leaders
- 10:45 – 11:30: Jack Cardetti, Campaign Consultant for New Approach Missouri
- 11:30 – 12:45 p.m.: Lunch
- 12:45 – 1:30: Veterans and Medical Cannabis (Tom Mundell, Past State Commander of Missouri Veterans of Foreign Wars; Sarah Runge, Iraq War veteran and patient; and John Payne moderating)
- 1:30 – 2:15: Medical Cannabis and Nursing (Sheila Dundon, Patrick Mayfield, Lindsay Benoist, and Amber Langston moderating)
- 2:15 – 3:00: Families and the War on Cannabis (Brandy Johnson, Jim Taber, Trish Bertrand, and Amber Langston moderating)
- 3:00 – 3:45: Panel Discussion with Jeff Mizanskey (Jeff Mizanskey, Chris Mizanskey, and Dan Viets moderating)
- 3:45 – 4:00: Break
- 4:00 – 5:00: Paul Armentano, Deputy Director of NORML
- 5:00 – 5:15: Presentation of the Second Annual Rory Ellinger Award
(Schedule updated 11/4/2015)
I hope you can join us for some or all of the conference. Please invite your friends on the Facebook event page and register on our website. We do ask for a $10 recommended contribution for those attending the conference, but if you are disabled or under a financial hardship, you can register and attend at no cost.
You will also have two opportunities to meet and fraternize with all the conference speakers all while supporting our work to reform Missouri’s cannabis laws. First, on Friday, November 6, KAOH Media will host a fundraiser for us at their offices at 2210 Pestalozzi, Saint Louis, MO 63118 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Attendees will receive complimentary drinks and appetizers, and there will recommended contribution levels of $25, $50, $100, and $250. You can join that event page on Facebook here and register on our website here.
Then, on Saturday evening after the conference, join us at the Atomic Cowboy (4140 Manchester, Saint Louis, 63110) starting at 6:00 p.m. There will be a contribution of $40 to attend, and that includes a buffet, which will be served at 7:00 p.m.
Dinner will be followed by our traditional post-conference auction, which is always a great deal of fun, and we have a number of fantastic items this year. You don’t want to miss it! Join the event page and invite your friends, and get your tickets here.
We look forward to seeing you on November 6 and 7!